TIP: use a permanent marker and DATE your new makeup when you add it to your drawer.
Eleven makeup products & how long they last:
1. Concealers. Up to 12 months.
2. Powders. 2 years.
3. Cream & gel cleansers. 1 year.
4. Pencil eye liner . Up to 3 years.
5. Eye shadow. Lasts up to 3 years. TIP: dark eye shadow can double as an eyeliner. You'll need an fine eyeliner brush for this. Get the brush a little damp w/ water and dab into the eye shadow (dark gray, brown or deep jewel-tones work great). Work the brush into your lash line focusing on the space between your lashes, and then sweep the eye shadow just above your lash line.
6. Brushes. Wash them every 2 months in a mild soap
7. Sponges .Wash weekly and throw out monthly
8. Foundations. Water-based foundations will last up to 12 months, oil-based will last up to 18 months.
9. Lipstick. 1-2 years. However, if it smells rancid, throw it out.
10. Mascara. This product doesn’t have a long shelf life: Throw out after 3 months. Don't pump the wand in and out because you will expose the mascara to the air and dry it out faster.
11. Nail Polish. Up to 12 months, depending on the quality. TIP: when brand-new dab a little vaseline on the inner rim to keep it clean and easy to seal.
OPI Color: Sand in My Suit
Love, Leslie aka MissusSmartyPants