One thing I know for sure that can boost your confidence like nothing else is: dressing well! And when you make it part of your daily routine, well something 'magical' starts to happen...
Here are some style tips to help you boost your self confidence:
- Are you stuck in a style moment? Time to break out! Find 2 new styles that refresh your look. You will feel confident in clothes that suit your personal style and body shape.
- Solids first. Wear more solid colors. Don’t wear too many prints--they go out of style so quickly.
- A little mystery. Don’t over-expose. Something left to the imagination is always a better way to dress.
- Find your colors. Find up to three colors that make you look alive and you feel great in. Make them YOUR signature colors. Need help deciding if "warm" or "cool" colors are your Season? Order a MSP Seasonal Color Analysis: http://missussmartypants.com/CDA5240F87574D8387EBDE8FEC733210/page/display.asp?id=20123
- Stretch and bend. Look for clothes made with 1-2% Lycra. Body skimming clothes look best and should have some stretch in them so you can move comfortably.
- A classic move. Stay with the classics when you are not sure if the trendy styles are right for you. Your confidence will never be in doubt when you are wearing a classic style.
- Indulge in something special. No, it doesn’t always mean chocolate! (Although a little chocolate indulgence never hurt anyone, LOL!) Invest in a quality purse or shoes. Great accessories ALWAYS up your style quotient.
- Use accessories. Show your individual personality with your choice of accessories. Try trendy accessories to update your look. A great way to spend less this season, yet feel so "on-trend"!
- Check the 'do. If you haven’t changed your hairstyle since…hmm you can’t remember how long... consider this a written invitation. Nothing makes you feel better and fresher than an up-dated hairstyle!
- Stop fussing. Leave the lacey, ruffles and frilly stuff to the young girls. Fussy clothes are harder to wear when you are older.
- Bling fling. Too much jewelry confuses your whole look and is just chaotic. Try one focal piece of jewelry instead.
- All together now. Get your basics together. Lay out your outfit the night before. This way you know what to wear in the morning—stress-free!
- Get your creative juices flowing. You may not have as many style options as you did when you were twenty--you just have to be more creative. Have fun with your style, because you deserve it.
- Be adventurous! Try new styles and purge old clothes that you will never (or should never) wear. Updating your style can make feel like a young girl again! Enjoy the adventure.
BIO: Leslie Gonzales AKA MissusSmartyPants helps women dress their best! Check out her website for more information how you can start your own style makeover! http://www.missussmartypants.com/