Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Get Your Feet Sandal Season Ready!

Before you know it, you'll be wearing sandals again. So, how do your feet look right now? 

 If they are looking a bit dry and cracked, right now is the time to care for them before you start wearing sandals again!

The big problem with most DIY foot scrubs are they require funky ingredients and you simply don't have them or don't want to buy them. 

However, today I've got the solution to your dry foot dilemma and lack of ingredients!!! I'll bet you have these two (2) ingredients...yes, that's right, all you'll need to get your feet sandal-season ready in a jiff!

Homemade Foot Scrub

  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 2 tablespoons of lotion 

Mix the sugar & lotion together in a bowl.

Massage the sugar and lotion mixture into your feet to exfoliate (remove dry/dead skin).

Rinse with clear water and pat dry. Apply some additional lotion to your soft feet and put on a pair of socks or peds to cover treated feet.

Another tip: When my feet are feeling dry, before bed I coat my feet with almond oil then wear thin socks to bed. You could also use petroleum jelly or coconut oil to coat feet prior to bed or right after a shower.

Now you're looking good! So bring on sandal season!


  1. Thanks, Leslie for these great tips! I have diabetes, and there's a great product called Flexitol Heel Balm that makes your feet softer and helps with callouses and rough, cracked skin. I've used it with success. It's safe for diabetics. I recommend putting socks on after application, as it makes your feet slippery.

  2. Super Tip! Thanks Leslie! Since I've joined MSP I've had SOOO many compliments about my cute new style and outfits! Getting ready in the morning is a breeze now...which brings me to this....could you possibly consider doing a blogging post for 'summer trip packing' soon? I'm taking an international trip this summer and am wondering how to get by on a bare minimum packing but still look awesome! Thanks...keep up the good work!

  3. Thanks for this information, Leslie! It came at just the right time. I've already pulled out my sandals and noticed my heels could sure use some smoothing help.


Thanks for leaving your comment. I hope you enjoy my blog and stop by often!

Love, Leslie