Sunday, May 8, 2011

In Celebration of Mothers...






I get my classic style from my mom. I think should would approve of this shirtdress style!


In Celebration of Mothers...



"Mother" is such a simple word,
But to me there is meaning seldom heard.

For everything I am today,
My mother’s love showed me the way.



I’ll love my mother all my days,
For enriching my life in so many ways.

She set me straight and then set me free,
And that’s what the word "mother" means to me.



Thanks for being a wonderful mother, Mom!



Poem By Karl Fuchs


This poem really spoke to me when I read the line: "She set me straight and then set me free".

At this point in my life I've had to let my grown boys go in order for them to go off and become men. I think that's what our job is as moms. Raise them up right...then do the hardest part--let them go!

I have to say this Mother's Day...all three of my "men" have made me one proud mama!

As a tribute to my own mother, I'd like to thank her for her style influence on me. She was always well put-together. Really, I can't remember her not looking nice. She always had her hair done, was well groomed and cared about how she looked. 

I remember being her 'little helper' on the weekends. Since she worked full-time she spent the good part of most Saturdays running errands. I often went with her to help out. I wonder now if I was as helpful as I thought I was back then, LOL!

Thank you Mom...I love you and you definitely influenced my style!

Love, Leslie


2 comments:

  1. Leslie, thank you for this post. Although God chose not to make me a mother, I thank God every day for the mother I have!
    Also, I am jealous of your green trees and flowers! Spring is slow in coming this year to MN.
    Thank you for all you do, and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna,

    Thank you! I think as women whether we have our own kids or not...we are all mothers in some way to others. It's just the way we are :)

    I hope you get a burst of spring this week in MN!

    Blessings, Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment. I hope you enjoy my blog and stop by often!

Love, Leslie

4 Steps to Chic

1. Start with a feminine top 2. Pair with classy slacks 3. Ground with bold shoes 4. Finish with statement earrings ...