Saturday, May 11, 2013

When is a bargain...really a bargain?

Recently I spent six long hours in a client’s closet. Her closet was so crammed full of clothes there was no way she could possibly add in one more shirt!

She contacted me to help her organize her closet and show her how to put outfits together. She was concerned about all the money she has spent on clothes—and yet she felt she had nothing to wear. Sound familiar?

When buying clothes for her wardrobe, my client had never thought about her body shape, coloring or actual wardrobe needs—instead her clothes were always impulsively purchased. Most of her clothes were purchased on SALE--because of this, many of them had become quickly outdated.

The main problem for this woman was that she had purchased “sale” clothes without any thought or plan in mind. She had become “sale-crazed” and purchased only “bargains”! A real wardrobe plan (that I was going to give her) was what this dear sweet woman really needed!



YOUR TURN....So, when is a bargain really a bargain? Share your 'bargain' or not so great 'bargain' stories with us!

3 comments:

  1. A bargain is a bargain to me when I have something in mind and find it at a killer price. A few examples from my life - Chaco sandals at end-of-season clearance price and a pricey European-sized bra at Nordstrom Rack for $25.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go by Cost Per Wear - I have a Sigrid Olsen quilted jacket that I bought at Lord & Taylor back in 2004, that I still wear regularly. I can't remember how much I paid for it, maybe somewhere between $60 and $80, but I'm pretty sure it's paid for itself by now. Also, I have LL Bean Perfect Fit Pants, which I bought back in 2005 for $40, which I still wear regularly, so they've paid for themselves, too.

    Like my roommate says, you buy good, you get good. One thing I'm never going to buy again is a little black (or basic) dress. I never wear them, they make me uncomfortable and I never wear them as much as I think I will when I buy them. I can't tell you how many of those things I've given away over the years. From now on it's going to be a skirt and pants and a top for me. You were right, MSP, given my body's proportions, I should invest in separates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bargain is when something you really want or will wear often is reduced and available in YOUR size! I bought two cashmere cardis for one third of their regular price on a short 'few days only' sale on a website. They've never sold for such a low price before or since. I wear them every week to work and love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment. I hope you enjoy my blog and stop by often!

Love, Leslie

4 Steps to Chic

1. Start with a feminine top 2. Pair with classy slacks 3. Ground with bold shoes 4. Finish with statement earrings ...