Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Get Your Healthy Glow On!

Hey everyone...I'm back!!! I've taken a small break from writing this blog to catch up on life...whew, I've been busy! I took a short vacation (driving from NC to Western KY) and visited family, I've been working on my eBook, going to too many booked appointments, setting everything up on my new computer...and got my son off to college just this last Sunday. In the middle of all this craziness I noticed the blog template became BRIGHT pink! Oh my! I love pink of course, but the color was sooo blaring pink it hurt my eyes! I finally figured out how to fix it and feel better about posting again...certainly don't want you to have to put on your shades in order to read my posts, LOL!

Today, I just wanted to share "tan in a can" products I have had success with. So I hope you find the post below helpful! Thanks for reading...

When the weather warms we show a lot more skin. Short skirts, dresses and shorts of course! Instead of pasty white and pale many of us hope for a “healthy” glow to our skin. But HOW you get there is another matter...



So how do we get that golden summertime "glow" without baking in the sun or in the tanning beds? Since tanning our skin not healthy and is actually a sign of skin damage, what’s a girl to do?

Lucky for all of us, there are some new moisturizing self-tanners on the market that give your skin the glow you are looking for. The new self-tanners have a key ingredient called DHA or dihydroxyacetone. This ingredient reacts with the top layers of your skin and darkens them slowly. The skin’s pigment gets a gradual glow when applied daily.

My personal favorite brand is Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer. This product produces a slow and gradual hint of color. Apply this moisturizer for several days and you will see pleasantly "tanner" skin. Three shade depths are available to help you get the right amount of glow for you need. I find even though I'm very fair--the medium works best for me.

There are other brands of self-tanners with DHA worth trying. Neutrogena Summer Glow Daily Moisturizer SPF 20. This product allows you to get out in the sun safely with a high level of broad-spectrum sun protection. It gradually adds a hint of color in one week.

Try Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Body Glow. This product is as dependable as any of their daily moisturizers. This one adds a hint of color after only 3 hours. Try this quality product from a well known brand.

Try "double dipping" like I do. I figure why use ONE tanning product when you can use TWO, LOL! After I shower and shave my legs I towel dry then normally apply my Jergens Natural Glow. However, if I want to really punch up my "tan" INSTEAD I use L'Oreal Sublime Bronze (it's a tinted self-tanning lotion) and you get immediate color added on top of your base Jergens tan!!! Give it a try if you plan on wearing a short skirt, dress or short-shorts.

Good luck with your summertime glow, and don’t forget to protect your skin with a broad-spectrum sunscreen too!

Love, Leslie aka MissusSmartyPants

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment. I hope you enjoy my blog and stop by often!

Love, Leslie

4 Steps to Chic

1. Start with a feminine top 2. Pair with classy slacks 3. Ground with bold shoes 4. Finish with statement earrings ...