Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Take the "Scaredy Cat" Challenge!


So often we are afraid to take chances and do something new, exciting or fresh. If we don't mix things up every now or then (like taking a vacation) and explore new things--we can get stuck in a rut and become stale!

There certainly is something calming to everyday routines. I'm not saying we need to loose our routines, heaven's no! But we definitely need to "step out of the box" and explore so that we can enjoy life and ourselves!

This week's Style Mission at http://www.missussmartypants.com/ is inspired by a fellow blogger:  http://www.dianedenmark.com/ Check out Diane's fabulous blog...she's always has something interesting to share!

By doing something bold and challenging you will find out what you are made of and who you are! I say "go for it" be BOLD! I also think it's a big part of finally loving yourself (FLYing).

This is one of my favorite quotes about loving yourself:  "To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance"--Oscar Wilde

Think about what style you are afraid to wear. This is the week to do it. Are you afraid to wear heels, go sleeveless, wear hoop earrings or dangles, skinny (ish) jeans? Go forth and DO IT this week!
Join me and take the "Scaredy Cat" style challenge this week. Email me your story to share in next week's Chatter: lookgreat@missussmartypants.com

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, thank you, Leslie! [blushes furiously] xoxoxo Never thought my own Scaredy Cat Challenges on the blog would come back to bite me! LOL

    Will definitely take up 'your' style challenge and try wearing my new ankle boots with black tights and a black pencil skirt. (I wore them yesterday with skinny jeans, but the skirt thing is 'stepping out of the box' for me...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weather has turned nice again, so will change my challenge to wearing a belt every day... Love my scarves and jewellry but don't feel confident with belts. Here I go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about a picture of you wearing a belt? Can't imagine why you don't wear belts? Loved to see you wearing one;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment. I hope you enjoy my blog and stop by often!

Love, Leslie

4 Steps to Chic

1. Start with a feminine top 2. Pair with classy slacks 3. Ground with bold shoes 4. Finish with statement earrings ...