Don't purge all the black--work with it! With these tough economic times, I don't know a woman that is willing (or should) chuck all her black clothes from her closet!
So, here's how to liven up all the basic black in your closet...
1. Wrap an animal print scarf around your neck or wear an animal print belt. Even a sweater in an animal print will work! Nothing brings black and brown together better than an animal print!
3. Now's the time to wear those pink shoes that you don't thing go with anything!
5. That bright red handbag that hardly gets used? All black would give it center stage!
6. Wear your favorite colorful sweater or blouse under your basic black suit.
7. LBD w/ low neckline?...wear a colorful choker or layered dyed pearls and show off your sassy neckline.
8. Don't shy away from mixing black with other neutral pieces like navy shoes or a brown belt.
9. Have something you don't think "matches" anything? C'mon wear it with your basic black. Soft pastels, grays, mauves, blush pinks...all look great w/ black!
10. Wear your basic black with a textured jacket, tweed pants or a nubby scarf. Black is the perfect backdrop to any unique textured item.
Don't ditch all your black! Black is a "fab" wardrobe choice because it's classic, goes with just about everything (given the chance) and it doesn't show small smudges--plus you can wear the same piece differently in one week (no one will even notice)!