Dear Style Friends,
Below are some "natural" ways to keep your hair looking its best. I like it when I can use a "product" right out of my kitchen cabinet, don't you?
I've been caught with yogurt (and egg, for that matter) on my face (literally for a facemask) and my DH thinks I'm a bit crazy...but hey if it saves me money and works great, I'm all in!
I thought you would enjoy these hair tips I found:
7 Easy Natural Hair Treatments for Dull, Dry & Damaged Hair:
1. Dull Hair: While your hair is damp, massage in some sour cream or plain yogurt, let it sit for about 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water and shampoo as you normally would. These two dairy products can help reverse hair damage caused by products and pollution.
2. Itchy, Flaky Scalp: Mix equal parts lemon juice, organic olive oil and water and then massage mixture into your scalp (a slightly dampened scalp is best). Let sit for 20 minutes, rinse out and shampoo. The lemon juice helps get rid of flakes, while the olive oil helps moisturize the skin underneath.
3. Limp or Fine Hair: Have fun with this one, but not too much fun. To add body, use beer and its generous supply of yeast to plump up your hair. Mix together half a cup of flat beer with one teaspoon of canola oil and a raw egg, and then apply to damp hair and let sit for about 15 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
4. Dry, Sun-Damaged Hair: The sun can take a toll on the health and vitality of your hair. Try honey to counteract this. Massage warm, organic honey into clean, damp hair and let sit for about 20 minutes. Feel free to add a drop of organic olive oil to make it easier to apply and rinse out. You may also add avocado or egg yolk to the honey to help with extremely damaged hair.
5.Oily, Greasy Hair: You'll need an empty salt shaker for this one. Pour in one to two tablespoons of cornmeal or cornstarch into the empty shaker and apply to dry hair. Sprinkle it all on, let sit for about 10 minutes and then brush completely out using a paddle hairbrush.
6. Frizzy Hair: Avocado is great for damaged hair, but it also helps to smooth out frizzy hair. Simply mash up half an avocado and massage into clean, damp hair and let sit for about 15 minutes before rinsing clean.
7. Product Buildup: If you use a lot of product on your hair, chances are you've experienced product buildup and its gunky residue. Mix up a thick paste of one to two tablespoons of baking soda with a bit of water, massage into damp hair and let it go to work for about 15 minutes. Rinse clean and shampoo immediately after.
Love, Leslie MSP