Friday, February 5, 2010

Get the most out of your clothes!

First of all, I guess I could be smiling in this photo, huh? Oh well. I was happy inside. Why? Because I was wearing my favorite colorful scarf (goes w/ everything) and because I like to stretch my wardrobe dollars as much as possible. This outfit does just that.

When I shop for my closet or take one of my clients shopping, I'm always looking for wardrobe pieces that extend a wardrobe. Like in this picture. This "second-hand" gray sheath dress (purchased for $4.99) actually looks like a straight skirt...NOT a dress.

That's the beauty of a sheath dress (or other basic pieces). You can layer underneath the dress with a shirt blouse or a turtleneck. However, many women don't ever think to layer OVER their dresses.

How about you? Have you layered over the top of your dresses, or is this look/style new to you? I'm interested in how you stylishly extend your wardrobe!

3 comments:

  1. Leslie - I enjoy this blog and thought you might too. http://whatiwore2day.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually did that on this past Sunday. I wore a long ruffly silk skirt and sweater shrug over a knee length black dress. The skirt of the dress acted as a great slip and the top of the dress was perfect under the shrug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fabulous Laryssa!I love layering dresses...so fun and gives you a unique look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment. I hope you enjoy my blog and stop by often!

Love, Leslie

MSP's Weekly Style Mission

MSP's Weekly Style Mission by mspsmartypants featuring lace up heeled boots ATM by Anthony Thomas Melillo brown top intermixonline.com...