Sunday, March 14, 2010

It's good being a girl!

It is good to be a girl. However, there are many sayings that would say otherwise...like: "it is a man's world, there is a glass ceiling, women earn only 70 cents on the dollar compared to a man." All of this may still be true. And I've certainly seen plenty of women try to be more man-like--as if it's better or something? Some women try to dress more "manly" (by wearing asexual suits at work w/out feminine details) some women try to be more "manly" in their negotiating ways too. Why be something you're not?

I say it's great being a girl! In fact I say it's better to be a girl...and I'm proud of it. 

Now that the weather is warming up, here's how I'm showing off my feminine side...
I'm wearing my Jessica Simpson pink faux croc pumps I purchased last July ($59) at Nordy's Anniversary Sale while in New Jersey traveling on business. It's time to bring them out again and strut my stuff. 

Women are special...we get to wear skirts, dresses and a ruffle or two if we want. We also can wear killer heels if we feel like it! Can a man do that?! Hopefully NOT!

While recently at a "Girls Night Out" I enjoyed the saying this on a cocktail napkin:

Yup. Being a girl is great! 

If I'm wearing my pink croc pumps this week, how are YOU going to show your "girly" side?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie! LOVE the sign! Funnily enough, I just bought myself a new flat iron and have been making a little extra effort with my hair every morning...makes a big difference to how I feel.

    Keep up the good work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE my flat iron too...makes life better, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a girl is amazing :) I love those pink Jessica Simpson pumps, unfortunately I do not own a pair :) That won't stop me from being beautiful this week, I think to show my girls side, I'll wear pink everyday this week. Its not good being a girl, its great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE - sure wish I'd had a flat iron in the early 90's. I was overzealous with the curling iron!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment. I hope you enjoy my blog and stop by often!

Love, Leslie

10 Quick Steps to an Organized Closet

Here are 10 simple and practical tips for organizing your clothes and closets. 1) Edit your wardrobe. The reality is, too much stuf...