Want to be on the best dressed list? Wondering why your style might be missing the mark?
One of the most important aspects of dressing well (and what MissusSmartyPants is all about) is learning what styles flatter your body shape. Not every style works for every woman. Knowing the difference is what will set your style apart from the masses.
Another important part of dressing well is to only wear clothes that fit you correctly. Clothes that are too baggy, or too tight will only make you appear out of proportion and often larger than you really are! Just think about it for a minute, when the sleeves on your shirt are too long---you just look sloppy! Learning (and practicing) the basics of fit and proportion will really take your style up a notch.
But sometimes it’s the little things that can make a big difference in your appearance. Use these five quick style tips to get on the best dressed list:
- Have the side pockets of your pants sewn shut. They can “puff” out and make you appear 5 pounds heavier, plus bring unwanted attention to your hips.
- Check your posture. Stand up straight and suck in the tummy—you will automatically look slimmer. Make this a conscious effort each day…and see what happens.
- Always use a full length mirror before you go out the door. Better yet, look in a three-way mirror…people DO see you from all angles--and you should too!
- Shop during the week. The stores are better stocked from the weekend and you will get the help you deserve. Less chance of impulse buys when you take your time and think through your purchases.
- Shop alone. You will focus more on your needs. Take your MissusSmartyPants Personal Profile shopping guides with you. You won’t get side-tracked and can take the time to find clothes that are the most flattering for YOU!