One of the most important aspects of dressing well (and what MissusSmartyPants is all about) is learning what styles will or will not flatter your body shape.
Another important part of dressing well is wearing clothes that FIT you correctly. Clothes that are too baggy, or too tight will only make you appear out of proportion and often larger than you really are! Learning basics about fit and proportion can really set your style above and apart from the masses.
However, sometimes it’s the little things that can make a big difference in your appearance. ..
Here are five quick style tips to help you dress your best:
1. Have the pockets of your pants sewn shut. They “poof” out and make you appear 5 pounds heavier and grab attention at your hips. I've done this to several of my pants and it makes a HUGE difference.
2. Check your posture. Stand up straight and suck in the tummy—you will automatically look slimmer. Make this a conscious effort each day…and see what happens when you are standing taller--not hunched over.
3. Always use a full length mirror. Check yourself out from head to toe...before stepping out the door. Better yet, look in a three-way mirror…people do see you from all angles.
4. Shop during the week. The stores are better stocked from the weekend and you will get the help you deserve. Less chance of impulse buys when you take your time.
(Me, shopping at the Nordstrom sale)
5. Shop alone. You will focus more on your needs. Take your MissusSmartyPants profile recommendations shopping with you. You won’t get side-tracked and can take the time to find clothes that are the most flattering and suit your wardrobe needs.
Love, Leslie...your fashion stylist & friend
BIO: Leslie Gonzales AKA MissusSmartyPants helps women by assessing their body
types and building personal profiles for each woman dress her best.
Check out her website for more information, http://www.missussmartypants.com/