I love, love love your emails! Keep 'em coming....
Here's one about bras...and it's always good to start the year off with a new and more supportive bra!
Thank you for helping me improve my style. I never knew what style was. I grew up missing a fashion gene or something, lol!
With your website I am now learning how to dress my shape and it makes such a difference! Not only do I get compliments at work, someone asked my opinion about a purse. I could not believe it! My life is changed for the better!
I have a question about bras as I am still learning these girl things. Last week on your BTR show you mentioned how wearing the proper size bra can make you look better in your clothes. I need to replace my bras, mine really are pitiful looking and I have put this off long enough.
Can you tell me how long bras last and how many bras should I have in the first place?
Thanks for this wonderful service! Donna
Your bras should last a full 12 months IF you do the following:
- Purchase quality bras
- Rotate at least four(4) bras so that each of them gets equal wear
- Never wear a bra two days in a row. Let the elastic “rest” a day
- Hand wash (w/ baby shampoo or lingerie wash) OR machine wash gentle. NO Woolite (this oil-based product ruins elastic) If your machine has an agitator (put bras in a laundry bag)
- NEVER put your bras in the dryer!
- Don’t use them for working out; wear sports bras
- Store them neatly to preserve the molded shape of the cups
Purchasing quality bras can get expensive, so make your investment last. One of the best ways to do that is by washing your bras in lingerie bag on a gentle cycle. This bag keeps them from twisting up in the wash.
Your silhouette will look a lot slimmer when you are wearing the correct size (8 out of 10 women are not wearing the right size) so if it has been awhile since you have purchased a new bra ask the sales associate for professional fitting--don’t guess on your size!
Love, Leslie MSP