Sunday, January 22, 2012

Inspired to Make My Own DIY Scarf

After seeing so many creative food and crafty ideas on Pinterest, I figured I'd throw caution to the wind and actually make my own DIY T-shirt scarf!


It's funny how you get' pinning' all these niffy-crafty ideas to your 'boards' and THINK you've done something really wonderful...when in reality, all you've done is sat at the computer for 3 HOURS!!! LOL!


This crafty idea was actually quick and EASY to make! Grab an old T-shirt, then watch this DIY scarf tutorial from this blog:  Shwin&Shwin.com


My T-shirt scarf was not as 'fluffy' as the one in the tutorial. I think it is because my T-shirt material is thinner. But all said and done, I'd say mission accomplished!


ALL YOU NEED IS AN OLD T-SHIRT...


AND...YOU CAN CREATE THIS D-I-Y SCARF!!!


  • To make, cut (16) 1" strips from an old t-shirt. 
  • Gather each one up individually and wrap it around your wrist to create a 'circle'. 
  • Attach the 'circles' together with extra thin t-shirt strips
  • Voila! there you have it: a DIY T-shirt scarf!
  • (It took approx. 15 minutes to complete)

There is also a DIY T-shirt necklace tutorial out there in the blogosphere...I think I need one of those too!

4 comments:

  1. What a fine idear to make something others not have, they may over by you, but not here in Dk.

    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw this, I thought of all the t-shirts in my wardrobe that are reaching the end of their useful t-shirt life (ie. getting stretched or too stained) that may be able to get a new lease on life as a scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this same scarf in pink for a friend for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever! I am all thumbs when it comes to crafts. But this looks like something I could actually handle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comment. I hope you enjoy my blog and stop by often!

Love, Leslie

MSP's Weekly Style Mission

MSP's Weekly Style Mission by mspsmartypants featuring lace up heeled boots ATM by Anthony Thomas Melillo brown top intermixonline.com...