Sunday, January 8, 2012

How to salvage a broken lipstick


TRAGIC. That's the best word to describe the feeling I get when my favorite lipstick suddenly breaks.  

I've tried to explain how heartbroken I am when my favorite lipstick has just broken, but somehow my husband doesn't get it. He thinks I'm over re-acting. I don't know, screaming and crying seemed appropriate at the time. I could be since he doesn't wear lipstick...


I've shared previously how to 'fix' broken powered eye makeup before with this tip: link to fix eye makeup


Today, I'm sharing what I do when a lipstick "tragically" breaks. Don't throw it out! No, no, no!... Re-invent it like this...


Here’s what to do with your broken lipstick:

1. Put the lipstick into a microwave-safe dish. 

2. Mix into the lipstick: the contents of 1 pot of Carmex lip balm (can be purchased at any drug store). 
3. Microwave for about 30-45 seconds on low. 
4.Stir to mix and then spoon back into the lip balm pot and let cool.

Now you have a pretty tinted lip balm in your favorite color! It sure beats throwing out an expensive broken lipstick!

 Love, Leslie aka MissusSmartyPants




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment. I hope you enjoy my blog and stop by often!

Love, Leslie

4 Steps to Chic

1. Start with a feminine top 2. Pair with classy slacks 3. Ground with bold shoes 4. Finish with statement earrings ...