Sunday, January 8, 2012

How to salvage a broken lipstick


TRAGIC. That's the best word to describe the feeling I get when my favorite lipstick suddenly breaks.  

I've tried to explain how heartbroken I am when my favorite lipstick has just broken, but somehow my husband doesn't get it. He thinks I'm over re-acting. I don't know, screaming and crying seemed appropriate at the time. I could be since he doesn't wear lipstick...


I've shared previously how to 'fix' broken powered eye makeup before with this tip: link to fix eye makeup


Today, I'm sharing what I do when a lipstick "tragically" breaks. Don't throw it out! No, no, no!... Re-invent it like this...


Here’s what to do with your broken lipstick:

1. Put the lipstick into a microwave-safe dish. 

2. Mix into the lipstick: the contents of 1 pot of Carmex lip balm (can be purchased at any drug store). 
3. Microwave for about 30-45 seconds on low. 
4.Stir to mix and then spoon back into the lip balm pot and let cool.

Now you have a pretty tinted lip balm in your favorite color! It sure beats throwing out an expensive broken lipstick!

 Love, Leslie aka MissusSmartyPants




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment. I hope you enjoy my blog and stop by often!

Love, Leslie

MSP's Weekly Style Mission

MSP's Weekly Style Mission by mspsmartypants featuring lace up heeled boots ATM by Anthony Thomas Melillo brown top intermixonline.com...